Brian Blessing and Jack from BookMaker take a look at the action from the NFL in Week 4. They begin their analysis by looking at the Thursday night game on FOX between the Philadelphia Eagles and Green Bay Packers. Bettors are all over the Packers in this one, as Green Bay opened as a 3-point favorite against the Eagles and the number is up to -5. Jack admitted that the number should have opened with Green Bay a 4-point favorite.
Brian and Jack get into the Sunday action beginning with the Chargers visiting Miami. The Chargers opened 16.5-point road favorites and the number has actually gone toward Miami, as the Chargers are now 15.5-point favorites.
The Raiders are visiting the Colts in Week 4 with the Colts opening as a 6.5-point favorite and that number is up to 7. Jack said that the Raiders could be overrated based on their opening win against Denver, as the Broncos are now 0-3.
The Chiefs visit the Lions in a battle of unbeatens, with the Chiefs listed as a 6-point favorite. The total opened at 53 and the number has risen to 54. Jack said that if the Chiefs had to play competitive games every week they would probably average 40 points.
It is a battle of unbeatens in Buffalo, as the Bills host the New England Patriots. The Patriots opened as a 6.5-point favorite and that number is up to 7. The total is listed at 44 and the number is down to 43.5 and could be headed lower.
Bruce said that two of the toughest teams to figure out so far this season are Tennessee and Atlanta. The Falcons opened as 4.5-point home favorites, and the game has dropped to 3.5. The Titans have some extra rest coming into this one and bettors are backing the Titans.
Seattle opened as a 3.5-point road favorite at Arizona and the early money is on the Seahawks, with Seattle a 5-point favorite. The total has gone up from 46 to the current number of 47.5. Jack thinks the Cardinals are going to struggle in this one and throughout the season.
Jacksonville visits Denver in what Brian and Bruce believe will be a low scoring game. The total opened 38.5 and is down to 38.
Dallas is listed as a 3-point road favorite in the Sunday night game on NBC against the Saints. The total opened at 45 and is up to 46. This will be the first true test of the season for the Cowboys, but Dallas is still listed as a road favorite. Jack thinks the Saints are going to have their hands full this week with the Cowboys.
The Monday night game on NBC has the Steelers favored at home against the Bengals in a battle of winless teams. Pittsburgh opened as a 4.5-point home favorite and that number is down to four. Jack is leaning toward the Steelers in this contest.
Week 4 NFL Schedule
Thursday, September 26
- Philadelphia Eagles at Green Bay Packers, 8:20 PM FOX/NFLN
Sunday, September 29
- Carolina Panthers at Houston Texans, 1:00 PM FOX
- Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens, 1:00 PM CBS
- Washington Redskins at New York Giants, 1:00 PM FOX
- Los Angeles Chargers at Miami Dolphins, 1:00 PM CBS
- Oakland Raiders at Indianapolis Colts, 1:00 PM CBS
- Kansas City Chiefs at Detroit Lions, 1:00 PM FOX
- New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills, 1:00 PM CBS
- Tennessee Titans at Atlanta Falcons, 1:00 PM CBS
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at L.A. Rams, 4:05 PM FOX
- Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals, 4:05 PM FOX
- Minnesota Vikings at Chicago Bears, 4:25 PM CBS
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Denver Broncos, 4:25 PM CBS
- Dallas Cowboys at New Orleans Saints, 8:20 PM NBC
Monday, September 30
- Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:15 PM ESPN
BYE WEEK: New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers
Listen to the NFL Week 4 podcast to get Bruce and Jack’s analysis.