Brian Blessing and Bruce Marshall of the Gold Sheet take a look at all of the NFL action for Week 4 and also glance back at Week 3 on the NFL Week 4 podcast. Bruce lets listeners in on how the backup quarterbacks are doing in the NFL. The breakdown of this week’s action begins with the Philadelphia Eagles visiting the Green Bay Packers on Thursday night on FOX. The Eagles face a tough scheduling spot and it doesn’t help that they are dealing with a lot of injuries.
Week 4 NFL Schedule
Thursday, September 26
- Philadelphia Eagles at Green Bay Packers, 8:20 PM FOX/NFLN
Sunday, September 29
- Carolina Panthers at Houston Texans, 1:00 PM FOX
- Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens, 1:00 PM CBS
- Washington Redskins at New York Giants, 1:00 PM FOX
- Los Angeles Chargers at Miami Dolphins, 1:00 PM CBS
- Oakland Raiders at Indianapolis Colts, 1:00 PM CBS
- Kansas City Chiefs at Detroit Lions, 1:00 PM FOX
- New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills, 1:00 PM CBS
- Tennessee Titans at Atlanta Falcons, 1:00 PM CBS
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at L.A. Rams, 4:05 PM FOX
- Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals, 4:05 PM FOX
- Minnesota Vikings at Chicago Bears, 4:25 PM CBS
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Denver Broncos, 4:25 PM CBS
- Dallas Cowboys at New Orleans Saints, 8:20 PM NBC
Monday, September 30
- Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:15 PM ESPN
BYE WEEK: New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers
Brian and Bruce begin their Sunday analysis of the Week 4 NFL schedule by looking at the game between the Chargers and Dolphins. Brian has a surprise selection in this game, so make sure to listen to the podcast to get Brian’s thoughts on the game.
The Raiders visit the Colts on Sunday and Bruce has some good things to say about Jacoby Brissett and the Colts.
It is a battle of unbeatens in the next two games, as the Chiefs visit the Lions, while the Patriots visit the Bills. Brian is not sold on the Lions and thinks their success will end this week, while Bruce thinks Kansas City still has value. The Patriots are road favorites against the Bills and the public is backing New England. New England opened up as a 6.5-point favorite and the number is up to 7. Brian and Bruce have some positive comments about Buffalo’s Josh Allen.
The Titans get extra rest as they played last Thursday and they face an Atlanta team that has been inconsistent. Bruce thinks this game against Atlanta is a good matchup for Tennessee and bettors seem to agree, as the Falcons opened up as a 4.5-point favorite and the number is down to 3.5.
Bruce has some harsh things to say about the Broncos and it is hard to argue, as the Broncos are 0-3 and not looking good heading into a home game against Jacksonville. Bruce likes the Jaguars plus the points in this one.
Seattle visits Arizona with the Seahawks listed as a 5-point road favorite. Bettors have taken the Seahawks up from a 3.5-point opening favorite to the current 5-point choice. Brian and Bruce are both on the same side in this one, so make sure to listen to this week’s NFL podcast to get their pick.
The Sunday Night Football game on NBC has the Dallas Cowboys visiting the New Orleans Saints with the Cowboys a 3-point road favorite. Bruce was very impressed with the win by New Orleans last week in Seattle. This will be a big test for the unbeaten Cowboys and Bruce likes the Saints plus the points. Brian and Bruce also give an interesting tip in regards to betting New Orleans in terms of NFL futures.
The Monday Night Football game on ESPN in Week 4 is a dud, as two winless teams go at each other, as the Cincinnati Bengals visit the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers are listed as 4-point home favorites.
Listen to the NFL Week 4 podcast to get all of Brian and Bruce’s Week 4 NFL picks.